Half Million Kazakhs project is founded by Free Kazakhs organization with the goal to bring a World awareness to a Mass Horror and Crime against Humanity, a Kazakh Genocide in East Turkistan so-called Xinjiang(new territory) China. The name of the project was specifically chosen #HalfMillionKazakhs to show estimated numbers of ethnic Kazakhs who are currently being detained in concentration camps and prisons in East Turkistan. This mass Genocide is currently happening not only with Kazakhs but also with ethnic Uyghurs, Kyrgyz, Tatars, Uzbeks and Tajiks Native People of occupied East Turkistan.

How did we discover number of Half Million?

According to a research which conducted by Adrian Zenz of the European School of Culture and Theology confirmed the frightening extent of the camps and provided an estimate of how many people are confined in them. Adrian Zenz estimates that up to 10 to 11 percent of the Uighur and Kazakh populations are currently detained, though quotas of up to 40 percent have been cited for some areas, and camp capacity continues to grow (‘Reeducating’ Xinjiang’s Muslims’ James A. Millward February 2019). Official numbers of ethnic Kazakhs living in East Turkistan historically in the Norther part of it(while ethnic Uyghurs historically live in the Southern part) 1,5 million population. Therefore, 11% of detainees from total population will be 165,000 and 40% of detainees from total population will be 600,000.

@FreeKazakhs #HalfMillionKazakhs

Here are stories and database of the #KazakhGenocide:

Tursynbek Qabiuly(Kabiuly) was under house arrest for 17 month during his visit from Kazakhstan(where he lived, originally from East Turkistan he moved with his family to Kazakhstan in 2016) to East Turkistan(China) to attend a funeral of his relative. After crossing a Kazakh-Chinese border on September 5, 2017, his passport was immediately taken by  Chinese border guardians, then he was handcuffed by a local police and was transferred to district police of Emil farm village, Dorbiljin County(original hometown of Tursynbek).

Tursynbek Kabiuly recovering in Almaty (Chris Rickleton)

Later when Tursynbek received information that his son injured his forehead and needed an operation he tried to get back his passport, but his request was denied by Chinese authorities. Then he forced to work for free, he had to clean public streets, patrolling streets and attend flag raising ceremony every Monday.

In May 2018 at police station, he forced to sign a letter which states that he does not believe in God, but he believes in the power of Communist Party and its Spirit. In June he was informed that his wife and children filed petition to free and his return to Kazakhstan. He was accused by police that he contacted his family in Kazakhstan to file the petition which he was not actually aware of it. The police forced him to send message to his wife about divorcing.

On September 28, 2018 two men from a national security committee came after him and detained him. They brought him to underground prison, it was about 20 meters in depth. Prison cell was about 10 square meters and it contained 6 cages, cages were very small only one person could fit into the cell. In the cell you could only sit not lie down and it has one chair. Then he was brought to another room for investigation, he was questioned for few hours about where he lives in Kazakhstan, about his wife, children, relatives, friends, classmates, primary school teachers.

He met another ethnic Kazakh who also was detained in the cage. His name was Ashel Token he worked as a teacher, and he detained with the accusation of communicating with people(relatives) in Kazakhstan via WeChat messenger.

Tursynbek was detained there for 6 days, he had only rise and steamed buns. Guardians did not allow him to drink water, so he was always thirsty. He used to ask permissions of guardians to go to the restroom where he secretly was drinking top water. One time a guardian did not hear that he used the toilet (he did not flush it). The guardian was suspicious and immediately entered the restroom where he saw Tursynbek was drinking water. Then Tursynbek was severely beaten to his ear and head, blood came out from his ear and later after that he became deaf.

Before releasing him from the underground prison he was forced to say, “Long live Xi Jinping, long live the Communist Party”, he was warned to silence his family in Kazakhstan to stop petitioning about his release. After he was released, a place where he stayed (hostel, dormitories) while he was partially working in a construction (he got a permission from police station to work) where he was earned money to cover his life expenses. And also, he was forced to work for free by the Chinese authorities such as raising communist flag each Monday, patrolling streets, and cleaning public streets. While he was outside of the prison, he forced to let a Chinese official to stay with him. The Chinese official had to report about Tursynbek’s activities, and his character. Since Tursynbek did not have his own private apartment or separated room (he lived in dormitories, the Chinese official so-called “relative” offered to Tursynbek to sign reports which were given by the official that he stayed at his room. The “relative” would take picture of Tursynbek while he was eating, or they would lie down together(separated) and took picture to prove that the official stayed at his room. Meanwhile, Tursynbek forced frequently to come to the police station and fill some papers as well as questioning. Questions mainly were same as previous questions, one of reason was to check if will be exact on his previous given answers.

Tursynbek had two acquaintances who were religious and used to never drink, but both of whom do now. Women also have to drink, he says. If you refuse, they say that it’s a national beverage, and that you have evil thoughts and need to be cured.

On the day he was called into the office to get his passport back, he saw six huge sacks full of passports there. They made a video of his “happy daily life” before releasing him, with his nephew signing a document as his guarantor. When Tursynbek went to see his [recently released] mother-in-law, there were two people [police and/or civil workers] at her house.

He was allowed to go back and he returned to Kazakhstan on February 2, 2019.